Sunday, December 21, 2008
Thank you Lord that the day has finally come!
Monday, December 15, 2008
4. Lipstick. Growing up watching my grandma reapply has turned me into a lipstick girl. If I wear any makeup at all, it's always lipstick.
5. Freshly vacuumed carpet...ok, a whole freshly cleaned house! It just makes me completely relax.
6. Starbucks Coffee. I looove it. Every morning I wake up to it brewing in the kitchen. S always makes it first thing.
7. Driving fun cars. This includes brand new ones as a rental or test drive, or vintage ones. I loved driving Grandpa's 50 Dodge Coronet. That's how I roll, yo. ;)
8. Sparkly earrings and necklaces. My kids at school have even noticed this and one girl gave me a faux special occasion necklace! It was so pretty!
9. Good books. Mmm, along with a cup of something warm to drink. I can curl up and imagine my way into another time or place.
10. Comfy, but cute jeans. I love jeans.
Thursday, December 11, 2008
But guess what? She could. She just didn't know it. And she did. We were able to go to the courthouse and Secretary of State and the post office within 1 1/2 hours! Woohoo! I'm thankful we live so close!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
You can see where this is going. Today we had just enough time to scoot downtown, and were hoping that we'd have enough time to go to the courthouse and Sec of State. Well I run into the courthouse (literally...it was raining) and in to the clerk of courts. She says, "Have you used this notary before? She's not coming up."
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Doesn't that just sound fabulous! I have done that once before when I lived in Florida. We were in the back of a truck. It was so much fun!
So anyway, I was thinking about how I would fit us and 4 kids in the convertable!? Ok, so I'd need to HAVE one in order to do it....
Maybe one like this...
Friday, December 5, 2008
We received our updated I-171h today. And how many days did it take them?
From the day the Homestudy was mailed to them, to the day we got it in the mail. SEVEN DAYS. Is that not incredible or what??
Now it might have been so quick since we already have an "open" file with them. But whatever the reason, I'm thrilled!
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Ok, that ought to do it for now. :) I nearly burst into tears giving it to our nice postal worker. She told me all about the material the envelope was made of-Tyvek. The stuff they put on houses. It won't tear or leak.
Oh, I can't believe it's mailed!!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
After nearly 2 years, our paperwork is done. We've been doing it so long, it's hard to actually let it go! My stomach was in knots today as I was getting it ready. I kept thinking, "do I really have everything?" "Really?" I'm sure tomorrow I'll be the same way when I mail it. It seems surreal that the time has come. I just have to take peace in knowing that it still rests in God's hands.