Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Swiffer Fixer

I like the Swiffer. I don't like how much those disposable cloths cost. Even with a coupon they're expensive. And the cheap ones really aren't worth it. But with the addition of our dear doggie, the floor needs washed more frequently. So I was trying to figure out how to use the Swiffer so I wasn't actually paying for new cloths all the time. And as I was laying in bed one night, it struck me. Why not use the wash cloth after I"m done doing the dishes? That way it can go right into the wash! So i tried it today, and it worked! it's a little too big and flops over the spots where you press it in, but it did the job!

I like little things like that. :)

6 comments:

Jenn said...

SWEET! I love things like that too -- eco-friendly and wallet friendly. Can't wait to try it! :)

Emmy said...

Here Here! I like the Swiffer, too. Its a great "quick fix" when i don't have time to break out the vacuum and the mop and bucket. Yes, I do vacuum up the dog hair before waching the floors. I just can't stand those darn dog hairs in my mop! Eeeeewwwww!

EMSmith said...

Hmm!! Good idea! I like it :) For just dry-mopping the floor, my mom uses a paper towel on her Swiffer - she said it works the same. I'll have to try both of your suggestions out :)

Ange said...

Yes, I highly recommend sweeping the floor first before using the washcloth in the case of pets. :)

Dan and Karen said...

Great idea. I have used an old towel and cut the pieces the correct size. It helps if you stitch the edges so they don't unravel. Love those money saving things!

Meredith K Beaupre said...

The Shark steam mop thing is the best invention ever! all it needs is water, 30 seconds, and a power cord. Reusable cloths go right in the wash and it sterilizes the floor while it cleans!