Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's Spring!

Last weekend was typical Ohio Spring: it snowed on Friday. Now this week, the high is supposed to be in the mid 70s. I couldn't ask for prettier weather during my spring break!

Last weekend was also Palm Sunday and our church's Easter Egg Hunt. We invited our neighbors. Little Boy went with his family, and Las Chicas and their Mama rode with us. I was so happy that they could come. Our church puts out 20,000 eggs for this massive egg hunt....ok, it's not really a hunt cause they're only like 6" from each other. Las Chicas scored! They totally outhunted many of the other kids. One of them had a full bag, half of another bag, and eggs in her pockets, shirt hem, and under her chin. Of course with 20,000 eggs. Don't worry, there were enough left for everyone else too.

I was surprised that I didn't get sad when we were there. I was actually able to enjoy the whole thing without the shadow coming over me.

But that didn't help when Palm Sunday rolled around. I'd forgotten that the Sunday School kids would be walking through the sanctuary with palms. Suddenly I saw them walking out of the corner of my eye and I started sobbing. Yes, Palm Sunday was one of those days I've always looked forward to...watching MY children waving their palms and learning about the King. And they weren't there. I cried and cried and finally was able to calm down.

This next weekend, we're going to NW OH. Thankfully if I start to cry during Easter mass, I'll have a nephew to cuddle. :)

3 comments:

Renee said...

I hope you have a lovely Easter visit with your family.

The Jensen Family said...

I haven't had a chance to read your blog in a while and made a point to get to it today. I think about you all and the pain that you may still be experiencing. I pray that this spring brings a new beginning--one that embraces you, makes you feel safe, and continues to introduce you to that complete feeling of happiness. Know that many of us that have gone through the process continue to think about you and pray for a path to open up for you. One that makes you feel whole. God bless!

Traci Jensen

Jenn said...

I hope your Easter was wonderful! You can have my Florida weather anytime! Come about August I'll be BEGGING you to trade me states...gets way too hot for me! :)