Saturday, December 3, 2011

Acceptance

It's strange how a big change in my job could have such an impact on my grief. But it has. Being back at a school with people I love dearly and who care about me, has greatly impacted my grieving. In a good way. I've at numerous interactions with my students that have forced me to confront my fears left over from parenting, and I now wholly believe I can be a good mom. The lies that my brain and the trauma encouraged have been "beat down" through experience.

And of course our church family. Being part of a church family who seeks to integrate suffering into the life of believers has been redeeming. No longer do I sit and feel like my suffering is something I should be "gettting over" because God has something better for me. Now I fully know that this suffering has been part of His Good story. I'm part of His story. Not the other way around.

I'm learning to accept the life that the Lord gives us, and it has been a time of peace.

2 comments:

Anne said...

I find that if I can turn that 'internal dialogue' around, I do a lot better at being positive about things that have happened in the past.

If I don't, the pain, embarassment or whatever sticks with me longer.

XOXO

Wendi and Benjamin Wood said...

=) hugs!