Sunday, June 22, 2008

Book Reviews

I've decided I need to start doing book reviews. During our homestudy, many moons ago, our SW suggested 3 books. Well of course being the D family, we read them. And they were great. But, I wanted more. I felt like I had a surface understanding on attachment, trauma, neglect, and basic child brain development. However I knew that wasn't going to get me very far. And, at the same time, I was dealing with some pretty tough issues with kids at school. So I started reading more and more.

So that brings me to why I'm doing reviews. I've read some really great books (Thanks library! :) But a lot of them were quite a while ago and they've started to mush together. So when i think, "Where did I read about _?" I sometimes can't remember which book it was. Also, a few of the more "pop" books were pretty pointless to read after the "psychology/physiology" ones.

So the reviews will be my humble opinion; and my opinions are formed from what I've read and thought about. I'm no expert and just want to be prepared for whatever my children will need. :)

1 comment:

Renee said...

That's such a great idea! I hope to learn more by reading your reviews.