Friday, August 15, 2008

Last Day of Summer

Today is my last "real" full day of summertime. Next week I have to go in to my classroom and unpack and set it up.

So hmm, what to do on my last day? Well, I need to clean up the living room from the painting. It looks sooo much better now! Then I think I'm going to go yardsaling. (sp? that looks funny)

I love going to yard sales. Love love love it. When I was little, mom would search through the paper, mark the yard sales on a map, and figure out her route. Then she'd load us up in the car and we'd head out. Mostly I remember us buying clothes, and maybe the occasional toy. Now, can you believe that Mom used to be able to get a brown bag full of clothes for $1? Maybe it was $2, but even still. Now, you can't even buy a pair of jeans for $2 at lots of yard sales. (It is possible that I am completely disremembering the actual price of the bag, and that it was actually higher.)

Anyway, that began my love of yardsaling. One of my favorite things to do, is to take a pocketful of quarters. I'll find something for between .50 and $1, and then offer a quarter for it. It's fun to see how many things I can buy for 1 quarter!

Ok, I'm off to plan my route!

No comments: