Saturday, October 11, 2008

Psalm 130

A song for pilgrims ascending to Jerusalem.

From the depths of despair, O Lord,
I call for your help.
Hear my cry, O Lord.
Pay attention to my prayer.
Lord, if you kept a record of our sins,
who, O Lord, could ever survive?
But you offer forgiveness,
that we might learn to fear you.
I am counting on the Lord;
yes, I am counting on him.
I have put my hope in his word.
I long for the Lord
more than sentries long for the dawn,
yes, more than sentries long for the dawn.
O Israel, hope in the Lord;
for with the Lord there is unfailing love.
His redemption overflows.
He himself will redeem Israel
from every kind of sin.

2 comments:

Genece said...

You came to my mind during the sermon today. It was a follow-up from last year's sermon entitled, "About This Time Next Year", and it was all about hope and the need to believe, to trust that the good is coming! I remembered just a year ago upon hearing the first part of the sermon which included many of the same points covered today, much of my hope had diminished and I questioned if the adoption was ever going to happen especially while our financial situation was growing more unpredictable. I remember I didn't completly lose hope but at times I questioned so much. The happy note of this was the difference a year makes! I haven't even blogged on so many of the incredible ways we've been blessed this year alone, but one day I hope to express that in blog form.

I hope for one year from now, great things for your family also! Just keep believing and don't lose sight of the rewards that are coming!

Renee said...

Wow, this is the same Psalm my husband has been reading over the past month. It has brought him a lot of comfort.