Sunday, November 23, 2008

Oh My Heavens

Yesterday we spent the day helping my parents and sisters move to their new house, just a few miles from their previous one. We took a break to come home and let our doggie out and check the mail. Well what should appear, but a homestudy envelope....the day is near! Maybe.

I opened it up and quickly read over it, looking for the "new" information that was added for 4 kids. But one sentence still said "2 children, birth to 6." The other 2 places had been changed, but this one hadn't.

Oh. My. Goodness.

And so I say again...Count it all joy when [I] have various trials. For the trying of [my] faith worketh patience.

On the way back to the moving, I just sat in the truck thinking, why has this been happening the past few weeks? Every single time we've gone to do the paperwork, something has gone awry. However, every single time, it's all worked out too. We found a place that could verify the notary (after driving all over town). We got the one doc renotarized, without any trouble from the person who'd orginally written, the other doc that had to be redone was in the mail the next day.

So it makes me wonder, Is this all one confirmation after another that God is King and Faithful? Is this yet another opportunity to proclaim His goodness and his Reign over my heart?

God is our refuge and strength,
always ready to help in times of trouble....
God’s voice thunders,
and the earth melts!

The Lord of Heaven’s Armies is here among us;
the God of Israel is our fortress.

Come, see the glorious works of the Lord:
See how he brings destruction upon the world.
He causes wars to end throughout the earth.
He breaks the bow and snaps the spear;
he burns the shields with fire.
“Be still, and know that I am God!
I will be honored by every nation.
I will be honored throughout the world.”

The Lord of Heaven’s Armies is here among us;
the God of Israel is our fortress.

No comments: